1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 42PF9965

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by luckydip, Aug 19, 2003.

1. luckydip

luckydip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone had experience of this model? I would be interested in feedback before I take the plunge. I am particularly worried about the green band seen on other models, noise (buzz) and quality of display.

Cheers

lucky

2. minijay

minijay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there

ive recently read though all these posts and so far all i have found out about you tv is that is suffers from green dots.

this is because it is pixel plus and apparently the higher the contrst the more green dots. this problem may have been fixed with newer sets mind but im just relaying what ive read.

im looking at getting the 9955 have you had and dealings with this model or you still in the looking around stage

thanks
    jay

3. luckydip

luckydip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I have read your other post with interest. I am looking at this stage and was wondering if newer models had the green dot problem sorted. I am also considering the Hitachi and Panny but I have read about the noise(buzz) which is a point for concern. Before taking the plunge I want some first hand reviews to make sure that I don't make an expensive mistake.

lucky

4. minijay

minijay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there

im off to go view the 9955 now. its at comet wich may not be a fair test but just dying to see it on.

will let you know what i think

jay