1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 42PF9965 Native Resolution

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by db7000s, Jan 9, 2005.

1. db7000s

db7000s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a proud onwer of a Philips 42PF9965 Plasma screen and currently in the making of an HTPC in order to 'replace' the media box (not very happy with it)

Can somone tell me the 'native resolution' that would be best to drive the screen for 1-1 pixel mapping?

:hiya: to all Philips Plasma owners !

2. Stonedragon

Stonedragon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Congrats mate :smashin: :smashin:

I have the 66 and love it. Sorry I can't give you specific advice on your question, but I just wanted to say hi, since us Philips owners are a rare breed on this forum :) :)

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well the Philips is an ALiS panel with a native resolution of 1024x1024 but as its actually an interlaced display I'm not sure if you'd send it 1024x1024 or 1024x512 from a PC...I guess 1024x1024 TBH...but it might need a bit of trial and error unless someone here has done it before.

Also...are you sure that you can replace the media box ? how does it connect to the display ? you might find you still have to go through the media box.

Anyway..good luck :smashin:

Cheers, Lee