1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 42PF9955 plasma at comet

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by aood42, Dec 29, 2003.

1. aood42

aood42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    anyone bought one of these plasma's or any views on this model.
    comet selling these for £2789 with stand,wall bracket,tuner box and speakers.
    any comment would be grateful.

2. garylisa

garylisa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one on christmas eve from comet for £2699 (Swansea store) when I enquired they will price match this throughout the UK. It is the best picture I have ever had and it looks awesome best I've seen for the price.

3. hotrod

hotrod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had mine 3 months - here it is

[​IMG]

and in viewing light

[​IMG]

looks great with still images from dvd or games but not so good on moving images. If i was to buy again i would buy the panny 6 series instead now there is a deal going around with a quintro instead of a tuner box. Main reasons for not being overly impressed - lack of colours (havent got mine on the wall yet and viewing from a close distance but it is noticeable) low contrast levels, on fast moving scenes there seems to be a "line" for instance in certain movies when people talk you can see a horizontal line between the teeth...pickey? yes but very noticeable

EDIT - but in saying that my local has a hitachi 42" plasma and the scrolling text on sky news was the same