1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 42PF9946C

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by t0by, Feb 9, 2005.

1. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have no idea if this is a decent plasma, or a decent price, but I thought I would share the info anyway incase anyone is in the market for one.

CostCo are doing a deal on them between the 21st and 27th of Feb whereby the price is reduced by £250 to £1527.49 (inc VAT). Come with wall mount.

The only downside is that you need to be a member to buy at CostCo, or know someone who is and will take you on their card. This voucher is part of a booklet of vouchers that they are giving out to all members.

Perhaps someone in the know could comment on the quality of the plasma?

heimi

2. Maxi_TK96

Maxi_TK96
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 9946 is an older model so if you really want to get this one just remember that good PQ doesn't come in cheap.

3. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this plasma is superb. its picture is slightly better than the 42" Panasonic Viera in every way in my opinion, and I've done extensive comparisons. It's not dropdead gorgeous, but it sleek and attractive nonetheless. The speakers put out a nice sound, the remote is excellent and the onscreen menus are neat and responsive. its only drawback is connectivity: just one RGB scart. DVDs through S-Video are shockingly good though, or a top quality scart switcher can be had for less than £50 if you want the absolute best.

at £1500 it is a bargain - and from costco you can take it back anytime you want, no questions asked. definitely go for it. costco do free delivery on large items usually too.

i didnt have the latest offer booklet, but thanks for the tip - im gonna buy one for sure!

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    YAWN well superpixel go and buyone then............. then avoid any proper plasma set-ups.................
    TROLL?

5. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I was in the market for one of these - I was just trying to be helpful to anyone else who might be.

Having had a demo from Hayes at AV Sales yesterday, its definitely a PWD7 for me. Order going in this week... :smashin:

6. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hornydragon...you're getting rather personal and condascending in your attacks.

im always careful to state "in my opinion", and i do detail in what ways I prefer for example the Philips over the Panasonic Viera

all you can ever say is "the panasonic is the best (with no reasons how or why)"..."get it from AV Sales (with no reasons why this shop in particular)...and "wait until youve seen a proper plasma" (even though I've spent many a day in the company of what you try to force people into)

you acknowledge you have never seen or properly remember this Philips model, so in what way are you in any position to ridicule it?