Philip's 42PF9946 What looks like smoke stains on inside of screen! Help!!

V

VaioWoman

:hiya: :suicide: :smoke: :uk:

Hi, I purchased a Philip's 42PF9946 42" Plasma screen in 2004 plus Handycam Station for my paraplegic husband to watch his beloved football/sports in the bedroom on the long gloomy winter nights! I thought it would be a great treat for him and it was and still is. Once I had selected and fine tuned all the settings etc, it was fantastic. The picture is crisp sharp clear, great natural color, no trailing blurs when watching sports etc. and very good quality sound without additional speakers. BUT I noticed above the plasma - smoke like stains on the ceiling and just put it down to the heat that is generated from the plasma as it has always given off great heat since day one! Since watching Planet Earth showing snow capped mountains and plains etc recently - I noticed a half circular shaped Smokey area inside the screen, :oops: to my horror there was additional Smokey areas half way down left of screen all the way down and along the whole of the bottom continued up to the right of screen :eek: ! As I said noticeable on frames like snow capped mountains and similar! Can anyone tell me what is the cause of this? I have checked to ensure that it is not external and in fact the half circular area can be seen very clearly in day light when the screen is switched off! I emailed Philip's support as I registered the product on-line with them a couple of days after purchase and they have offered no explanation to my question and just gave a chargeable repair tel/number! I don't want to call an engineer out if it is going to cost me big bucks as I cannot afford to throw away good money after bad if it means the plasma is finished. It cost £3000 in the first place which took everything I had then and I only purchased it after listening to advise from Philip's in the first place! £3000 is expensive viewing for the time we have had it! Can anyone tell me what this is and if it can be fixed at a reasonable cost?? ????? ??????:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom