Philips 42PF7621D VGA cable question

square-eyes

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just got my Philips LCD 42PF7621D. As it is a bit on the huge side, I thought I would wall mount it. I think it is important to connect every cable you might ever use before lifting it into place as popping another cable in the back will become impossible.
I want to connect my PC to the screen and, as I only have VGA output on the PC it has to be connected to the TVs component (5 X phono) connectors. Does anyone know where I can get a VGA male to 5 phono cable? I can find them for about $6 in the US but nobody seems to have them in the UK. It is a pity Philips didn't put a 15 pin VGA socket on the TV.
:lease:

Yes... this model has share YPbPr with RGB +HV ... so you need VGA - 5xRCA cable... one of this type make also Philips ... the name of this cable is:
Philips LCA5311 RCA/VGA component Video Cable

getimagetu2.jpg

So you can try to search it...

Yes... this model has share YPbPr with RGB +HV ... so you need VGA - 5xRCA cable... one of this type make also Philips ... the name of this cable is:
Philips LCA5311 RCA/VGA component Video Cable

getimagetu2.jpg

So you can try to search it...

Thanks for the information. I looked for the part number but could not find a web site with this part and a price.
I sent an email to Philips UK Customer support. They sent a reply saying they were available from lots of web sites and Maplin. I had already been through Maplin and the closest was a VGA to 5 BNC. I unfortunately shows that Philips support can not be believed. I replied to them to see if they can find the part since I can't. Oh! Why didn't Philips put a DB15 input on the TV like everyone else?

Why didn't Philips put a DB15 input on the TV like everyone else?
Good question... but i don't know answer. :(
Yesterday i found one shop with price 30 gpb, but i don't remember the site... maybe it is old product... try to call to Philips Support and consult it... this product certainly exist.
The last chance is to make it by your self.... buy cable VGA to 5 BNC + 5 RCA conectors and modify the cable to VGA to 5RCA ... it isn't so hard ... maybe you can try to ask for help some technical friend.

Good question... but i don't know answer. :(
Yesterday i found one shop with price 30 gpb, but i don't remember the site... maybe it is old product... try to call to Philips Support and consult it... this product certainly exist.
The last chance is to make it by your self.... buy cable VGA to 5 BNC + 5 RCA conectors and modify the cable to VGA to 5RCA ... it isn't so hard ... maybe you can try to ask for help some technical friend.

I tried the Philips service centre again and they sent me a hyperlink to show shops where I could but this cable. Unfortunately the hyperlink did not work. I have ordered it from Amazon.com (US). The cable costs $16 plus $30 postage. I reckon this will equal about ÂŁ25 (GBP). It might seem odd paying so much to get it shipped from the US, but this may be the cheapest option.
:clap:

Hi Sqaure-Eyes!

I've got the same problem as you. trying, to connect a PC up-to the TV, not been able to get the cable(s).
I did purchase a set (with the PC (VGA) connection & blue, red and green on the other (could not find the 5 pin male type)). Connected it up, but No picture .

Would like to know, if you have managed to solve the problem yet, and if so where did you get the cable(s) from? and did you also have to use the L/R audio cables as described as 2 in the manual?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Would these cables work ok for they above problem?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom