Philips 42PF7520D 42" Widescreen

Jbrown832

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've got a DVD player with a surround sound system and when I looked online to see how to hook it all up to my TV, I read I need plug the audio lead into "Audio In" on the DVD player and then to the "Audio Out" on the TV. But the problem is I don't have an "Audio Out" port on the TV :confused: As far as I'm aware I've got a top of the range TV so I'm a bit unsure as to why it won't work.

Here's my TV, if you could take a look and tell me if there's a way round it.

Philips 42PF7520D 42" Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with FREEVIEW: Electronics & Photo: Amazon.co.uk

Also, I had this hooked up to an older TV, where I must of used a scart socket to get it to work, so there should be some way round it, just need someone to refresh my memory lol.

Thank You! :thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Ah right. I've got one of those and when I tried it I just got like a buzzing sound through the speakers, so I assume that weren't right :confused:

Are you using to correct adapter? there are 2 types IN or OUT

Also if your system has a scart you could maybe go scart > scart, some systems allow audio IN this way

Are you using to correct adapter? there are 2 types IN or OUT

Also if your system has a scart you could maybe go scart > scart, some systems allow audio IN this way

How do I tell which adapter i have? lol

Yeah my dvd has a scart. So I'd connect a scart from my DVD to TV? then i'd plug the phono leads into the 'audio in' on the dvd player and the 'audio in' on the TV?

Cheers for you help :thumbsup:

How do I tell which adapter i have? lol

Yeah my dvd has a scart. So I'd connect a scart from my DVD to TV? then i'd plug the phono leads into the 'audio in' on the dvd player and the 'audio in' on the TV?

Cheers for you help :thumbsup:

No, just to clarify, you want TV sound through your HC system ?, your TV hasnt got Phono out, so you could use a scart adapter ie scart to phono OR scart > scart for the audio only, some systems will allow audio IN this way, you would connect HDMI from System > TV in the normal way

Last edited:
No, just to clarify, you want TV sound through your HC system ?, your TV hasnt got Phono out, so you could use a scart adapter ie scart to phono OR scart > scart for the audio only, some systems will allow audio IN this way, you would connect HDMI from System > TV in the normal way

Yeah I get ya. It didn't work when I tried scart > scart.

So how do I determined what adapter I have?

Yeah I get ya. It didn't work when I tried scart > scart.

So how do I determined what adapter I have?

Should be marked IN or OUT

When using the methods ive explained are you changing sources on the HC?

What system do you have?

Should be marked IN or OUT

When using the methods ive explained are you changing sources on the HC?

What system do you have?

Yeah I'm changing the function to "AV In".

Think thats the problem, by adapter is 'input'. If I get an output adapter then it should work?

Yeah I'm changing the function to "AV In".

Think thats the problem, by adapter is 'input'. If I get an output adapter then it should work?

Yes you need an 'output', thats why you are getting the buzzing you mentioned before

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom