1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 42pf7520 help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nigelhill, Sep 2, 2005.

1. nigelhill

nigelhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Considering purchasing philips Plasma 42pf7520.

Unfortunately no reviews of set on the web or in any mags at moment.
    I have seen the 5520 and 7320 in the flesh and both looked impressive for a non HD screen. But prefer the Higher resolution screen of the 7520.

I was hoping someone may have seen it in the flesh and could give me an indication of how it looked compared to the hitachi 42pd7200. I am aware of the hitachi credentials and loads of great reviews but i can pick the philips up for around £1450 as opposed to £1950 for hitachi. £500 is a big saving. Philips is brand new set and seems to be comparable on paper not quite as many connections etc but still 1024 x 768.

Anyway if anyone can give me any feedback most appreciated

Thanks
    Nigel :)

2. EXOS

EXOS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im looking at this panel also, and like you have not found many reviews, but if you look for the ****D/10 model this is HD ready, supposedly Costco are putting this on offer bewteen 17th and 23rd October for £1410.00.

Going to wait and see if its the /10 model though as i rather like the idea of a HD panel for that price.

Regards

3. nigelhill

nigelhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At last somebody answered.
    I will have a look at the Costco site thank you. I have however ordered it from Cheap Electricals for £1443 should be here in a week or so. Unfortunately they seem to have put the price up in the last few days by £100 or so but i have seen in on Kelkoo for around £1450 ish and additional companys seem to be springing up by the day on kelkoo to sell it, so keep your eyes out. Costco price is the cheapest I have seen so its probably worth hanging on for that. Anyway thanks for getting back and hope you get it for the best possible price. Good Luck
    Nigel :thumbsup:

4. MarcoSpain

MarcoSpain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I'm also thinking of getting the Philips, but I'm confused: I though the normal 7520 version was HD ready, but you're suggesting only the D/10 is HD ready. The Philips website says the resoluion is 1024x1024 and is HD Ready, so surely that's OK, or am I missing something?

Also, I want to get a screen that has HDMI, and it says 'AV3: HDMI compatible'. Does that mean yes?

The only other screen that seems comparable in price and quality is the Samsung PS42S5H, but I have just found the Philips for €200 cheaper at €1999 so that's why the change of mind...

Any thoughts?