• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips 42ftr9955 42" Plasma Tv - Faulty NVM

H

hellebore58

The philips 42PF9955 screen and the 42FTR9955 was rsiding quite happily in the corner of my lounge for approximately 2 years with no issues. Then one evening it decided that the screen and the control box would not operate in sync. I sent it away for repair and upon return with only the external aerial plugged in it operated correctly. I then set about plugging in the Sky system, DVD and Video. The unit has the same fault as previously once switched back on. I disconnected all the peripheral equipment again with just the external aerial connected and the problem persists. The repair agent said they had reset the NVM (Non volatile Memory). Has anyone any ideas if this is a simple task I could undertake myself, or any other ideas as to what the issue could be. Thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom