• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips 42" blinking red light even after replacing capicitors

jerm131

Standard Member
This is my 2nd and last Philips TV. I've followed other directions on Tv's that have had this issue and replaced capicitors and issue is still there. I used a 16 volt 3300Uf instead 10V not sure if that makes a difference or not and also noticed once Tv's kicks off to the 7 blinking lights again I noticed three blinking lights close the capacitors I replaced. Please help cause I'm reading about all these people getting theirs fixed and I'm stuck with 90lbs paper weight.

teevan

Standard Member
I am guessing you went through the whole philips plasma repair thread? Maybe not all 18 pages, but if you skim through it you should find what you need. Model number would help a lot though...

bonzobanana

Sometimes when capacitors fail they do secondary damage. Most of the time I've read you'll be lucky but sometimes they have damaged other components.

You need to check other components though like fuses to make sure they haven't gone.

Sometimes when you have found the source of capacitor failure you just have to swap out that board.

teevan

Standard Member
Jerm, do you have one of the ambilight tv's (like a pf9631 or something on those lines). If it is 7 blinks on one of those types, could be a bad y-sustain which won't be a capacitor issue. If it is that issue, would need a new y-sustain board. Will run you well over $100, and you are probably better off getting a new tv imo if that is the case.

I tried to fix a tv with a bad ysus and failed, eventually just selling the tv to someone for parts. With the prices of tv's so low right now, may be better to sell it to someone and get a little cash for it.

jerm131

Standard Member
Its a model number 42PF7220A/37. Its not a ambilight version. I really am curios of the 3 green lights that are blinkin close to the capaciters I replaced they start flashing soon as the power kicks off.

teevan

Standard Member
did you try disconnecting the ysus and xsus boards and then powering it on. Won't get a picture, but if it stays on, then it may tell you that one of those is bad.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom