Philips 40PFL8606 / 46PFL8606 Where to See One Working in Birmingham?

SteveT1138

Standard Member
Reaction score
I wish to see a Philips 8000 series TV, either the 40 or 46 inch set up and working as I am considering picking up this TV as a replacement to my Samsung 40LEA656 which has developed a fault.

Now the problem I have come up against is that regardless of who I contact within the Birmingham area they either do not have any of these in stock or they have no idea when or if they may be getting some.

After contacting Philips direct they told me to contact Richer Sounds in Birmingham which I had already done (same answer as above).

There are plenty of these online to buy showing as in stock (including Philips themselves) but it seems impossible to actually see one working anywhere.

I will not take a chance and order one blind as like any larger purchase I wish to see it working first - is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction as it would be a shame if I had to choose another make just because no one can show me the TV.

Last edited:
Having looked at a list of Philips dealers,it seems they're a bit thin on the ground.
Only RS, PCworld and John Lewis show up in the birmingham area.

No good, already tried them and the story is the same - it seems this TV is becoming a bit of a myth in Birmingham.

I've ordered one from RS and it should be turning up this weekend. I'll post my thoughts once it's setup. You could always order it from RS and return it if you're not happy. Not ideal but may be your best option if you can't get to see one. After talking to the guys at RS they are keeping all stock in their central depo while they have low stock.

Great, i will look forward to reading your first impressions. What size did you order, im leaning more towards the 46" as the overall size is only about 3" bigger than the 40" Samsung i have.

I've gone for the 46" too as it's only slightly more than the smaller size. I got RS to price match the multizone av website, cheapest I found it online.

Got the call from RS, it's in store today so will go pick it up tomorrow or sunday. Not going to be able to set it up properly for a while, moved into a new house today and it's full to the rafters with boxes

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom