1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 3900SA

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Chinablue, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Chinablue

Chinablue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi..is there any ways to adjust the bass/treble level?i can't seem to find any bass/treble button on the remote control.anyone can help?thanks alot! :)

2. Paul O

Paul O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    There is no manual adjustment, just the in built equalisers - Classic / pop / rock etc. The sound button will do this.

3. Chinablue

Chinablue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when the player is on standby mode..i can't switch it on by pressing the power button on the remote control..but the funny thing is i can switch it to standby mode using the remote control..but no vice versa..anyone with the same problems as me?anyone here havin any problems with this 3900SA pls list out your faults..thanks.

4. Paul O

Paul O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The remote power button only turns off the player. To turn it on, you need to use the function buttons, below the power button. This is probably in the instructions? :clown:

I did a review some time ago and others have added to this on this board. Do a search or try this link

This should give you some more info. :smashin:

Cheers,

Paul.

5. gpearce

gpearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does your system resume playback of a DVD after you switch it to standby or to AUX? Mine doesnt - the instructions say it has 10 disc memory but I cant get it working.

Also - does the RDS work on your tuner? mine only shows the station frequency not the name..

I am interested in finding out if you have problems

Gerald

6. Paul O

Paul O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi,

Yes, the RDS tuner works fine on my system - it displays all the relevant information. However, if your signal is week, it might not pick it up and only display the frequency rather than title.

I have not really tried the resume feature, but will test it this evening. However, from memory the last few times I have powered the system off, it has always gone back to the start. It might only work if the system is left on (a bit pointless I admit).

I'll let you know. Other than that (and what's mentioned on the other link), I haven't found any problems - touch-wood!! :p

Paul.

7. Paul O

Paul O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I've just tried the auto-resume function, and it doesn't work on mine either. If you press Stop, it does remember when you press play again. However if you press Stop twice, or turn the machine off then it forgets where you where. Bit pointless really!

8. gpearce

gpearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thaks PaulO - I thought mine was on the blink. It also wont resume if you leave the power on but switch to AUX (eg for watching sky tv). It is pointless you're right.

Incidentally, can you find out what firmware you are using? Thanks

9. Chinablue

Chinablue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so there is no way we can resume watching a dvd if we switch to tuner/aux and then switch back to dvd again?

10. gpearce

gpearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my machine, no. Which is why i am trying to find out the firmware versions of other peoples, to see if the upgrade made it stop working.

can you do the following and post the version please?

1. Turn on the set.
    2. Open the tray.
    3. Press "OSD" button on the remote control.
    4. Software version is displayed in TV monitor

Thanks

11. Paul O

Paul O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi gpearce, sorry for the delay in replying - not been getting alerts for some reason.

The numbers (not sure which is the version number)

SD6.1 V23

Hope this helps! There might be some firmware updates available now via the Philips website.

Cheers