1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 37PF9986 lcd pixel plus on which inputs ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Phill1978, May 17, 2005.

1. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    hi,

i like the pixel + crystal clear effects that some phillips tv`s have. smooth and lively image much more so than any other TV ive seen its as if everything is playing Live ? dunno if you know what im on about.

know i know you probably get all the philips proccesing if you use a component connector in 480i or scart but do you get the image tweaks avalialbe if you use 480p from a DVD player or 1080i from component (upscaled from DVD player)

secondly how many features do you lose if you use the DVI or VGA socket ? presumably a DVI is pure digtal feed and the philips leaves it alone but wouldnt it be nice to have 720p via dvi and be able to add pixel + 2 effect + natural motion, crystal clear etc.. to really give the picture a fluid live effect onto of the already clean feed.

maybe its just me :D

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    This is where PP2HD will really shine. PP2 does currently still function with Component feeds very nicely. You get a choice of full PP2, Movie Plus or Progressive settings. The progressive setting is actually more like turning the PP2 off altogether. With digital feeds the PP2 is disabled.

The new range of LCD's from Philips (due July) will have PP2HD which will allow you to adjust and improve(?) even 720p and 1080i HD feeds! Don't know how.....

Jimmy

3. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    but i guess digital feeds will remain un tweakable ? and how many devices i.e DVD, HI-DEF DVD, Xbox, PS3 will have hdmi = all of them so really only sky hi def that will benefit and older euipment i guess.