1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 37PF9965 - some questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mistuk, Dec 2, 2003.

1. mistuk

mistuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can someone tell me if the Philips plasma range are available from John Lewis? This will be my first plasma purchase and I want to get a 5 yr guarantee with it.

What are people's views on this set? I'd e using it with Sky+, XBox & a Progressive Scan compatible DVD player (probably Denon 2200).

I'm also considering the Hitachi 42PD3000. I'd appreciate some comments on these choices!

Thanks

Kev

2. continuity

continuity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also planning to by the 42" model. I've read the 9965 series (that is the external E-Box) doesn't accept HTDV signals through regular input (component, rgb). The only option is to use the VGA input which is directly routed to the Panel without applying any digital processing like Pixel Plus etc., though I'm not sure if this really works. Can anybody with a 9965 model confirm this?

Regards MH

3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    John Lewis in Bristol carries the 37" version (I looked at it there), but not the 42". I think what they carry varies from store to store.

Mark