1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 37PF9965 Set Up

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by DaveNE11, Jul 31, 2004.

1. DaveNE11

DaveNE11
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on setting up a Philips 37PF9965.
    For the most part the picture is fine, but smaller moving objects (people etc) particularly in the background of a picture, appear pixelated around the edges. Presumably this can be adjusted via various settings on the TV, but having tried various combinations I don't seem to be able to home in on the problem, although it does also seem to be dependant on the type and format of broadcast.
    Reading through other posts I can see that one or two other people refer to something similar, but I'd appreciate any advice on set up that anyone may have.

Thanks

Dave

2. fredde

fredde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try turning the pixel plus function off. That seemed to help me...

On bad signals pixel plus gives a lot of "electronic" artifacts in the picture...

3. DaveNE11

DaveNE11
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try.
    I forgot to mention that it's hooked up to a v2 Sky+ box via Scart lead. Could this be part of the problem?
    Seems a shame to turn off the pixel plus function when it's supposed to be one of the main features of the set.

Anyway thanks again.

Dave

4. fredde

fredde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I know....but try it you could always turn it on again if you dont like it or see any difference. :)