1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 37PF9946 from Richer Sounds

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Gav_2000, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Gav_2000

Gav_2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to upgrade my old Thomson 28" CRT TV to something bigger screenwise but without the large depth that a CRT would have. This has lead me to either Plasma or LCD. I don't want to create a cinema in my living room I want to watch Freeview using my Pace Twin and the odd DVD. I have seen the Philips 37PF9946 advertised in Richer Sounds at £1199.95 and as I have a £300 credit note from Richer Sounds this looks like a good deal.

What is your view of this set?

It appeals to me as (i) I can just about squeeze 37" in, (ii) it's all in one unit so I'll have no need for extra speaker wires, (iii) it looks quite stylish (especially with a stand I've seen at www.unbeatable.co.uk and (iv) it'll use my Richer Sounds credit note.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

BTW - I am not currently looking too seriously at LCD as I have heard and seen that image refreshing can be an issue if watching sport.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    try a search a few members bought them from RS and then promptly returned as they were full of issues terrible lip sync dodgy picture etc Panny PW7 would be my choice