1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 37PF5520D or Panasonic TH37PE50

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by firecrest, Sep 28, 2005.

1. firecrest

firecrest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all, In need of some help. Both Philips and Panasonic screens are almost same price about £1200.00, can’t make up my mind which one.

The screen will only be used as a TV (Sky +) and with a DVD player. I realise that the Philips is Hd and the Panasonic not, however as a TV I been advised the Panasonic will have a better picture now. With Hd not being a widely available for 3 to 4 years by which time I’ll possibly be look to upgrade. I won’t being upgrading to a Sky HD box next year due to price and I not being interested in sports or Sky 1 etc. At the same time you never know how quickly the technology will develop.

I guess the question I’m asking which screen would be most people opt for if you wanted a good replacement TV for the next 3-4 years. I realise the pro’s cons of LCd v Plasma and not too worried about screen burn. Looks wise I think I prefer the Panasonic as it seems more compact without the speakers on the side.

Thanks.

Ps: also posted on LCD forum to get balance veiw.

2. chrisw

chrisw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I've got the TH37PE50 and am delighted with it. I have a Phillips CRT at the moment and hate it, so would never go down the Phillips route again. Have a demo of them both and make you're own mind up. And don't let them play anything like Finding Nemo, as they will both look amazing!