1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 37pf 9946

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jrl, Apr 9, 2005.

1. jrl

jrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    anyone got a philips 37pf9946 ? i am thinking of getting one from richer sounds tomorrow, so need some quick feedback,i know there are better sets but ive just seen it advertised at £1099, i want it for watching mainly sky and broadcast tv with a few dvds now and again.
    i know its not high def but i may not want to pay whatever sky decide to charge ,[i only have a limited package now] to me the pq looks similar to more expensive sets when on normal broadcast feeds even the pioneer 43xde looked no better in currys! [on the same feed] :lease:

2. EL DOONUS

EL DOONUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this model.Picture quality from my Denon DHT500 to the plasma via s-video is very good.Picture quality from Amstrad sky digibox via RGB scart ranges from as good as DVD to downright awfull depending on which sky channel I am watching.Was really disappointed when I first started watching it but must confess that I am now getting used to it and it doesn't bother me as much.The wall bracket is easy to mount and the set looks fantastic on the wall.

3. jrl

jrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    decided to wait a bit longer and look at hitachi 42pd7200, its a lot more expensive but i dont really want to "get used to the pq" thanks for your reply EL DOONUS