Philips 37/42/47 PFL9632/9732 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just downloaded the application diagram for the pnx5055 which i'm told is the chipset in the 9**2 yes it's 1080i totally but can anyone tell me what this is please "1920 x 1080@60p" it's in the matrix box i know it's the screen but what..phoned consumer direct who took some notes and they said the info on this tv needed to be sent to trading standards so maybe loads of people have made compaints here's hoping..:clap:

just downloaded the application diagram for the pnx5055 which i'm told is the chipset in the 9**2 yes it's 1080i totally but can anyone tell me what this is please "1920 x 1080@60p" it's in the matrix box i know it's the screen but what..phoned consumer direct who took some notes and they said the info on this tv needed to be sent to trading standards so maybe loads of people have made compaints here's hoping..:clap:

LCD screens only display progressive images. The image processing is performed at 1080i and then de-interlaced to 1080p for display. You can see this step in the "Display Processing" box in that diagram. It's this process that introduces the flickering. It seems to be performed poorly.

If the PNX5055 processor operated at 1080p, like we expected it to, 1080p signals would not require de-interlacing and the flickering problems wouldn't exist.

Just read what Neptster said,damn it makes me angry.
I'm sick to death of Phillips' lack of responce and their snobby attitude towards their own customers, this isnt the first time they've blatantly tried to pull this, way back with the old 37pf9731 (or whatever) i nearly got sucked into that one. They made out it was full 1080p when it wasnt. This is basically the same thing with a even more bitter taste.

Phillips are worse than Sony in my eyes now. Never buying a single damn product from these con merchants. "New TV after a year" bah been complaining about this since i got the TV. Cant wait till what goes around actually comes around. Going to talk to my solictor and see what action he thinks is productive.

Personally if your going to buy a phillips TV your as stupid as i was.:mad:

just one other thing to say, i have sky HD and on changing channel 1st i get the blue screen all well there, but if i leave it on blue screen for like a second then turn over the hole screen flickers lines before finding the channel..also it does the same thing if your watching an ad for a show and you know some times the ad stops and stays on the tv for a second then goes into the next ad or program it flickers then to..but all the time on the blue screen when surfing but my other hd lcd doesn't do the flicking lines..is this the i/p problem on sky hd too i'm seeing..

just one other thing to say, i have sky HD and on changing channel 1st i get the blue screen all well there, but if i leave it on blue screen for like a second then turn over the hole screen flickers lines before finding the channel..also it does the same thing if your watching an ad for a show and you know some times the ad stops and stays on the tv for a second then goes into the next ad or program it flickers then to..but all the time on the blue screen when surfing but my other hd lcd doesn't do the flicking lines..is this the i/p problem on sky hd too i'm seeing..

I don't think so. The television doesn't flicker on static images. Are you using the latest firmware for the television? I know a few Sky HDMI issues were resolved in an update.

hi there, no have not but just thinking if my retailer want's an engineer to look at my lcd do you think i should just leave it the way it is and maybe they might think it's a fault "if it is" with the set..no disrespect to any engineers but they don't know everything about every tv, what do you think..but there is a flickering on still to moving images so much so my mrs can see it and she likes goodmans i did switch the hd box to my other lcd today and there's not sign of the problem..?

hi there, no have not but just thinking if my retailer want's an engineer to look at my lcd do you think i should just leave it the way it is and maybe they might think it's a fault "if it is" with the set..no disrespect to any engineers but they don't know everything about every tv, what do you think..but there is a flickering on still to moving images so much so my mrs can see it and she likes goodmans i did switch the hd box to my other lcd today and there's not sign of the problem..?

I suggest you update your TV's firmware. Honestly, if you get sent an engineer the first thing he will do is update the firmware. If that solves this particular problem you will look like an idiot and it will effectively cripple your case.

I honestly think we're talking about different problems here. The flicker I'm describing seems to only be apparent at 1080p in the very fine detail of the picture. Clearly, with HD sources such as HD DVD and Blu-ray it's occurance can be quite frequent. A PC is an excellent demonstration tool because of it's ability to display fine text.

i will do the update then..i do have the blu ray 1080p problem and i have a media centre pc and tryed it, it's the same as all the users on here bloody joke tell you the truth..i got this tv in sept and i have only had it in use for about 4 weeks and thought the flicking on blue was just one the the sets things really "yeah i know guys"..was down at currys today and they have a 42 9**2 on the philips wall ex display and it was showing the philips demo disc of the sea and wildlife and you can see the problem really well on there sets..i pointed to the guy whats the problem with pic he said it's a processor problem get a panasonic even he knew..

has anyone been in contact with watcdog and is worth sending them an email..

why not, you guys have done all the hard work to prove the tv is not as is..1080p

hi all, just got an email from my retailer saying i can have a full refund for my philips 9632 just 2 emails and just a week so i'm very happy..guys don't give up little people have rights..goes to show this site and all the info from here and the good users really does work..klopek needs a big shout for his help thanx that man..what am i going to get next..

just got another email back from my retailer saying the have review'd my tv case and they say there's nothing wrong with my 9632..they have not even looked at it was the same old philips reply but from the vendor..can they do this guys even when i have it in an email saying will give me a full refund really it's in black and white and they don't have this set in stock anymore..

i really think there's a bit more of a problem with this set than just the normal 1080p issue also if i leave the set off it keeps making the clicking noise of when you turn it off and on..the people i got the tv off say most 1080p tv on the market do what the 9632 does 1080i to 1080p is this right..thanx

just got another email back from my retailer saying the have review'd my tv case and they say there's nothing wrong with my 9632..they have not even looked at it was the same old philips reply but from the vendor..can they do this guys even when i have it in an email saying will give me a full refund really it's in black and white and they don't have this set in stock anymore..

Don't really know. I have a letter from my retailer saying I can have a refund but they changed their mind when I called them up to arrange it. They suddenly decided the television was working and it wasn't their problem. This is after about 2 months and 2 engineer visits! I couldn't have made it any clearer what the problem was.

This whole situation reeks.

No that is rubbish, if a picture is converted from 576p to 1080p, that doesn't make it Full HD. Then begs the question, why is this the only 1080p that is showing interlacing artifacts?

No that is rubbish, if a picture is converted from 576p to 1080p, that doesn't make it Full HD. Then begs the question, why is this the only 1080p that is showing interlacing artifacts?

Because despite what the specs say and Philips for that matter , the limitations of the processing chip in the 9632 prevent it from handling 1080p correctly.
To those having issues with getting a welcome response from their retailers you will need to repsond or visit them with all the confidence and information found in the threads.
If they think your unsure of your case they will try to fob you off.
Keep trying.

Last edited:
Can someone please help? I've tried a search with "PS3", but it returns about 200 threads! I already have XBox360 Elite connected to this TV, and I'm very pleased with the picture. I'm thinking of adding a PS3 at XMAS :clap: . Are there still problems with the PS3 and this TV - gaming or Blu-Ray?
Thanks guys/gals..

i have my PS3 connected to my 47 9632 and have never had anything to complain about. Picture quality is great and have no issues with gaming. Just my opinion and observations.

you are joking..i have loads 3ms my a*** ted and so do all the others on the 200 or so pages i would not recommend this tv to my worst enemy..buy something else and save yourself all the pain and problems from a company that treat there customers with contempt..

sorry..:thumbsdow yes there is still problems with the ps3 and blu ray..

Well it should be pointed out to clarify for some , this tv has problems with any input @ 1080p.
720p & 1080i work fine & great in fact on the 9632.:smashin:

Does the PS3 have the option to output in 1080i instead of 1080p? If so, does this not solve the problem? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom