1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 36pw9618 off the edge of screen

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bonerp, Apr 8, 2005.

1. bonerp

bonerp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone confirm why the edges of the pictures are off the sides of the screen? For example watching a film when the credits are on either side of the screen, i loose half of the credit. Therefore I also loose the full picture during the film!

I'm on NTL cable by the way. Same thing used to happen with my old Goodmans TV on SKY too!

Anything that can be done about it?
    Paul

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bonerp,

I have the same television for the last twelve months. I had never been aware of this "problem" except when I saw an old film of the Cinerama days when the credits were very much off the edge of the screen. I put "problem" in inverted commas as it is not really a problem but just how we get our pictures sent to us, either cable, terrestial or Sky. If this happens on all your programmes then something is wrong.

Click on the following site which explains why we get these differences. There are other sites which explain this in great depth but this isn't necessary.

http://www.beoworld.co.uk/widescreen.htm

I hope you are as thrilled with your Philips as I am.