Philips 36PW9607 review

P

pixel

Anyone know of one (a review that is :) )...or has anyone got one?

What's it like, any good?

Do a search on this foruem for Philips 9607 and also Philips 9617 (the 32" version of the same set). You'll find lots of info that way. ;)

I'm a very happy 9617 owner.

9607 is the best 36" CRT picture yet. Dolby digital sound isn't bad either. Buy one.

I'll second philipb's comments, I have a 9607 and it's fantastic, can't find a fault with it and it looks miles nicer than the other cheap plastic looking efforts!

I hope its as good as you say, as I get mine on Saturday to replace my Sony 36" FS70.

There is a short review in this months 'What Hifi'.. It was quite a favourable review, but not as much as I hoped, as they only gave it 4 stars. In contrast, they gave the Panasonic and Hitachi 5 stars.

Jon

The other thing you will learn is to ignore magazine reviews, as I found that all of them give false reviews and your best source of information should be this forum!

Good luck and enjoy the tv!

I have learned that (About reviews) already.

A classic example is the very same magazine which gave the 9607 4 stars.

They said that the REL201 was better than the REL200 subwoofers..

But they are the same.. REL have gone on record to say that the 201 is just a 200 with a grill.. But the magazine still say that it sounds better!!

With me, I just like to see products that I have bought get good reviews.. I guess its reasuring to know that someone else likes my stuff..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom