philips 36pw9607 but which dvd

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by RON, Oct 1, 2002.

1. RON

RON
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im almost sure this is the tv for me and it comes in apackage with a philips vhs vr 630 and a dvd 633.

I think the DVD 633 is a fairly basic DVD and I am tempted to upgrade it but what to I would like good mp3 playback and audio cd playback as the girlfriend intends to use it as a cd player.I also want good dvd pictures for the tv.

The chap at philips surgested the lx 3000d as it has good speakers and he thinks it would make more and better sound than the tvs speakers and it cost £250 .

I also have heard the toshiba SD220E is good and cheap to but is it as good as the others which cost more.

I dont have to much left so £300 is close to the limit.
    Other options are the DVD 723 ,DVD762,mx3800 and DVD 763sa and others from currys.

Do you know if it has good sound and loud from the tv to satisfy the girlfriend or should i get speakers as a seperate say £100 job from richer sounds.
    I have to buy it from currys as it a warnty replacement.

Thank you

2. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    RON,

I bought my 9607 and has a Samdung 709 so thought I had better upgrade the DVD!!! I went for a Toshiba 510E (DVD-A) and the improvement was significant, very happy with it and no problems with quality (sound or vision) and I got it for under £300 including multi region.

Good luck