1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 36PW9525 - what stand

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bbanduser, Jan 26, 2004.

1. bbanduser

bbanduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,
    I have bought a Philips 36PW9525 from these forums,and will get it possibly next weekend.Now the TV won't come with a stand,and my existing stand is a bog standard Argos corner unit Link here

Any ideas if this will be enough to carry the weight of this TV? Or will it simply collapse under the weight?

2. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    There are a few stand out there, i think the tv weighs around 75-80kgs, I also looked for a separate stand when i bought mine but they were so expensive. I got the Philips one in the end and it looks great, you can try to get hold of one although they may have stopped making them due to damage on the front lip,Ive got B&W VM1's so placing the speaker was 'nt a problem (on the top of the tv)but if you're speaker is bigger it might not be suitable.
    P.s the glass shelves on most stands i looked at were rated for 100kg or thereabouts so they will be strong enough but some were just big enough and the tv would have looked a bit big for them.

Ta very much

3. Kula

Kula
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1