1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 36PW9525 - Pixellation problems with cable box

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by warrej, Jan 14, 2004.

1. warrej

warrej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've had a Philips 36PW9525 TV for a couple of years now, and overall I have been hugely impressed with it. The terrestrial picture is very good, and PQ when playing DVDs is superb. However, I have real quality problems when watching channels on my cable box. This problem is especially bad for channels like Sky Sports, which suffer from lots of pixellation problems when watching sports, like footy.

I think this is due to a combination of factors, probably a poor feed from Sky and the TV's 100hz scanning mode.

However, does anyone have any hints/tips about how I can improve the picture quality with this particualr set?

2. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Make sure all picture enhancement modes are turned off. I also have the same tv with excellent picture quality on Sky. Don't know much about cable but could it be a poor signal, or split signal or perhaps line degredation?Is the picture rgb? Make sure the sharpness is turned to about 10% also. It sounds more like a poor feed or receiver problem if you have one with cable? Tried another tv?

Sorry i can't be of more help but my point is that mines excellent with all feeds except my ariel which has very poor reception anyway.
    P.s make sure the digital picture mode is on 100hz
    Don't those dvds look great though, shame the whole thing seems to shrink the longer you have it, 43" next.

Cheeers!

3. warrej

warrej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks ELV, I'll take your suggestions on board and have a play this weekend.

I'm using the second TV RGB Scart socket for the cable box, and am pretty sure the cable box output is RGB.

If none of this works, I'll have a word with Telewest!

Cheers