1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 36PW9308

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by paul3_uk, Mar 29, 2003.

1. paul3_uk

paul3_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got some brochure-ware through the post from Unbeatable and I notice that there is a new Philips 36" TV listed - 36PW9308.

Has anyone out there heard of this TV and if so, does it come with Pixel Plus? is it high definition? have Philips sorted out the vertical dark bars? does it use a cybertube and not a Panasonic tube?

It seems strange to me that a company has released a second 36" TV. Each manufacturer usually only has one 36" model on the trot at any one time. Does this mean that the PW9607 was flawed (as we all know) and this is the replacement? or is it lower spec i.e. no Pixel Plus.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. nobby0_15

nobby0_15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Late April 2003 and I just saw a site in Glasgow. see robertwhyteltd.co.uk with the 9608!

I have asked the samequestions you put. ie: Quintrix or Cybertube. No reply as yet.

I am speaking with a guy at Philips in the Netherlands who is a friend of a friend in and attempt to get some clarity on this whole Cybertube/Quintrix issue.

Stay tuned.

3. paul3_uk

paul3_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers nobby0_15,

I look forward to hearing your findings !!