1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 36 pw9607 TOSH 220 HOW TO WIRE UP

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by RON, Oct 18, 2002.

1. RON

RON
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ordered a philips 36 pw9607 TV a TOSH SD220E DVD a JVC HR-6955 super vhs video and a refurb nokia mediamaster digi box.
    I dont have it yet but i would like to know what the best way to wire it up would be and what cables i should get.The tv will be doing the 5.1 sound.
    The shop threw in 4 JVC J126 SCART LEADs are these good do i need any other leads or a different lead i have heard a lot about RGB signal .
    Thank you

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Connect the DVD player to EXT1 with RGB via SCART and sound via co-ax. Nokia box to EXT2 again via RGB SCART.

As you have an S-VHS VCR it would be ideal to connect this to EXT2 as well as it can handle S-VIDEO via SCART.

If your digibox has a 2nd SCART socket, connect the VCR to this and (hopefully) the S-Video signal should pass through.

Failing that, connect the VCR to the front (actually side) S-Video connector on the TV [you'll still need to connect the VCR and the digibox somehow so that you cna record from it].

The SCARTs given to you should be alright as long as they have all 21 pins connected (ask the store).

Hope this helps ;)