PHILIPS 36" DOLBY DIGITAL TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dtriggs, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dtriggs

dtriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this TV 18 months ago. I have Sky+ scarted through my Panasonic Dvd recorder into AV2 in the TV. I also have a video sender in the spare AV socket of the Sky+. 2 problems:

1) When I have the video sender on, and also playing a dvd, the video sender seems to send the dvd signal not the Satellite signal. I cannot see how this can happen as there is no direct link. Any ideas ?

2) With my old Panasonic TV when I pressed the TV Guide button on the Sky remote it immediately went to the Satellite AV channel. This no longer happens. Any clues ?

One final thing is only AV2 automatically switches when a dvd starts - the other 3 dont. AV2 is the Cinema Link AV if that makes a difference. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,614
    Philips Tv Model no???

3. dtriggs

dtriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry - couldnt remember - it's a 36PW9618

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,614
    1. See page 21 of the instruction manual where it explains (note 2) about EXT2 and what you can output from it.

2. You need to program the Sky remote to operate the Tv, it probably still has the Panasonic Tv code..........you need to change it to the Philips code........try 0081.

3. All scart sockets should switch automatically when they detect pin 8 switching.........check you're using fully wired scart leads.

5. dtriggs

dtriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks yr help but:

1) I have checked the manual a few times and it doesnt help me. Page 21 tells me what each AV can handle but doesnt explain what and how signals are output through it. Do the AV sockets output anything ? Philips say they output whatever is on TV at the time.

2) I have only recently got Sky+ so I havent changed the code. But the remote works with the TV fine - it's just the TV doesnt switch when you press the TV Guide button (Volume etc all work with the TV)

3) As far as I am aware all the Scart leads are fully wired - the issue really is that on AV2 the TV switches when I start playing a DVD - but on AV 1, 3 or 4 it doesnt - so sounds like a problem with the TV except for the fact that all the other 3 scarts are the same. Are you sure that any scart connection should switch ?

The oddest thing is the the fact the video sender transmits the DVD signal - could my Panasonic Dvd recorder be outputing the signal from it's AV socket and then the Sky box outputing it through the 2nd AV socet to the video sender ?

I really appreciate yr help.