Philips 36" 9618

Second generation P+2 is out at the end of the month but not in 32"

Bazza

Currently there are no plans for any 36" P+2 sets, only 28" & 32". I had this verified by someone at Philips a few weeks ago. Prices look competitive, though the sets themselves look nothing out of the ordinary. There is some info on the Home Cinema Choice website.

I bought the 36PW9618 3 weeks ago and have have been very happy with the set. Picture is great, and the sound is excellent. P+ does need good source material to shine, but I certainly wouldn't want to go back to an "ordinary" tv again.

All in all a big thumbs up.

Hi backtothefuture,

I reiterate everything Hem says. I bought my 36PW9618 two weeks ago
and am really thrilled with this television. Sound and picture are truly excellent and I have found no flaws whatsoever in this television.

Both Hem and I were deliberating for a while, but we have never regretted our choice.

Analogue pictures show some shimmer but a good signal quality Sky (or similar) is excellent. Good luck with your next purchase.

Hi , thanks for the feedback.
I'll most probably be getting this then , as soon as I can shift my 28" Toshiba!

:smashin:

From what I've read on lots of other threads, it seems that people either love or hate Pixel Plus pictures. See them for yourself before commiting any cash would be my strong advice.

ok, though only prob is none of the high st retailers are displaying this tv !

Hi backtothefuture,

I found a Curry's superstore was the only store displaying the 36PW9618 within 25 miles. Maybe the 28" and 32" are in other outlets.

yes i've only seen the 32 ones... the most popular 36 tv in superstores seems to be the toshiba one

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom