Philips 36 9618 (Help me find one!!!)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Dessie, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Dessie

Dessie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am having great difficulty in finding a shop with a 36 9618 on show,I know they are being replaced but there must be somewhere that still has one on display.
    I live in surrey and would travel a reasonable distance to see one, there seems to be no problem with seeing the 32 9618.
    As keen as I am about the feedback on this set I have got to see another one as the only one I have seen had a terrible picture and I know that many of you really like this tv, so I am putting that one down to a bad set up
    (I hope!!) love the picture on the 32 inch.
    The shop I saw it in had 3 sets next to each other that I had short listed the 9618 Toshiba zp38 and the Panasonic pd30 the panasonic looked easily the best picture (not what I was expecting with all it's known faults)
    So I need some guidance, also any recomendations as to a good company to purchase from.
    Many Thanks
    Dessie.

2. tazmo

tazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dessie,
    They had one on display at Curry's at Farnborough Gate retail park
    Farnborough Hampshire last weekend although the picture was not representative of the 9618 due to the shared reception.
    There seems to be several places on the Internet with the TV in stock for example http://www.digitaldirectuk.com/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=1562
    at £1390 including delivery

3. ganders

ganders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought an ex-display 36W9618 from Comet in Bath for £1000,so it may be worth trying any Comet branches near you.
    The TV's great by the way,so I'm as happy as a pig in s**t!

4. Dessie

Dessie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the feedback, I was told of a currys store with one on show but as with the other shop the picture was not good probably due to the shared signal.
    On both the sets I have now seen when standing say 5-6ft away the picture was (not sure of the technical term!!) showing the digital pixals that make up the picture making it appear very blocky, if that makes sense to you, where some of the other 36inch sets were a lot clearer, I would be very interested to hear how you find your viewing with the 36 9618
    I would have preferred to buy from say John Lewis or somewhere like that, having read all the problems people seem to have, if I have to buy from the internet and somethings not quite right then what??? (Oh the problems of buying a new tv!!!!)

Dessie

5. MJW

MJW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    While looking at Pixel Plus TVs in Comet yesterday I noticed they too were very 'blocky' : I think it may be to do with the shared feed and the fact that no-one has bothered to set them up properly. Judging by the staff's complete lack of knowledge of any of the TV's I asked about, I assume this to be the case !!