1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 36" 9607 short review

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by beavis, May 30, 2002.

1. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All

Just had my Philips Pixel plus 36" installed by John Lewis. Only had a play for 20mins as I had to come in to work!.. but in short, the picture quality and sound (Dolby Digital) is absolutely fantastic and it looks very stylish. Tried Vertical Limit on DVD and nearly blew the house down!

The John Lewis installers were absolutely fantastic, and were as helpful as ever. Can't wait to get home and have a play!

More details once I have more time over the weekend.

Considered the Tosh Picture Frame and the Panasonic sets, but once compared to the Pixel Plus, in my opinion, there was only 1 winner.

Cheers for all your help guys, the search which began in February is finally over!

Beavis....

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Beavis

Glad you're happy. Let us know the settings you go for when you've tried a few variations.

Also, do me a favour. Try watching something, anything, via the side s-video input. I'm getting a faint dark banding on the right side of the screen with mine. Not too bad but slightly annoying. Sometimes the band shimmers suggesting it is a source problem. It doesn't appear on the scart sockets, so not a tube problem.

3. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont get any banding on mine - use Svid for Xbox.

Spike

4. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    iv'e got a philips 369525 and also get the faint black bands on the right hand side of the screen but also horizontally across the middle of the screen.iv'e always used s-vid in the past but since iv'e changed to rgb the problem has almost dissapeared,no horizontal line and the vertical one is much fainter.it appears on all sources but it also moves when the aspect ratio is changed.
    the tv was sent away to be fixed but came back the same as
    they could'nt find anything wrong,but they didn't spend 1500 quid
    on it.

5. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a further update on the 9607, tv is performing very well and I've no complaints at all! The World Cup and the Jubilee celebrations have looked fantastic and the only gripe I have is that the screen mode switcher is underneath a flap on the remote control rather than being available as a main button...

First time I've owned a Widescreen and very positive so far, not see any dodgy images from 100hz and everyone who has seen the tv has remarked how neat it is for a 36" and also how good the definition/detail was from the set.

Philipb, I'll try my laptop on SVID to the tv and let you know the results.

Tried it with a few DVD's and the likes of Blade and Vertical Limit show off the Dolby Digital quite nicely.

All in all, a fantastic tv, after all those months of searching I'm happy! Just ordered a silver Philips video to go with it!

Cheers all.

B