Philips 36/9607..Help with how to cable up please

M

Mike,Charlton

Sets due to arrive this week, what's the best way to cable up please. to be connected are Panasonic sky box, Phillips DVD 985 recorder, Cable free to air digi box and a SVHS video. The 9607 has 4 scarts, so this might help! Be interesting to see what settings people use as well. I know this is asking a lot but after reading all the stuff on this site, my brains frazzled!

I'm interested to know why you want to connect up your cable box when you have sky.... it would also be helpful if you mentioned how many SCARTs each of your peripherals have, which ones have an RGB passthrough etc. then I'll probably be able to give you some sort of answer... btw are the 9607 SCART 3&4 s-video capable... anyone??

SCARTS 3 and 4 are not s-video, only composite more's the pity. Scart 2 is RGB/s-video switchable.

I have Sky digibox into scart 1 - RGB
Panasonic E20 into scart 2, looped through my Sony DVD.
Side s-video terminal is used for an old SVHS recorder.

I'm not using 3 and 4 at the moment.

Min is set up as follows:

Scart 1: Sky Digi box (RGB)
Scart 2: DvD (RGB)
Scart 3: Video (Composite)
Side SVID: Xbox.

Spike

Mike - Where did you order the TV from and how much?

I would be interested to hear how you get on as I'm considering the same model.

Cheers

B.

Ordered from John Lewis at a higher price than I would have liked, but the service quality and 5 year guareentee swayed it. I expect the bill to be £1999.00 includes delivery, £25 for full install which from my point of view is a good idea on the basis if they can't set it up, how the heck will I.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom