1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 34PW850H Service Menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DaveN1113, Jan 19, 2005.

1. DaveN1113

DaveN1113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how to access the service menu on this model? Specifically I want to modify the color temp. Normal is too bluish and Warm is too greenish.

Thanks

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. I don't recognize the Philips model number and wonder if it's from another country, maybe the States. Probably why you have had no response from our members. I have the Philips 36PW9618 and copied a few details about Philips sets from this forum before I actually bought one. I will give some details below but have never used them myself as I am so delighted with my television, and too scared in case I damaged it!! Whatever you do, please make a note of your original settings so that you can get back to that if you get in trouble.

"Blind Lemon" and "rca" gave this information:

"Most current Philips televisions use this code:

type 065296 then press the i + menu button. Press Menu to exit service code."

I have a button which has i+ on it so I would imagine you press that first and then the Menu button. Hope it works for you. Cerebros, a member here, gave some excellent explanations of terms in the Geometry menu, I also copied that.

If you put up "Philips Service Menus" on Google the first item is from the Digital Spy Forums. If you click on that you will find posts relating to that. The Tiscali web site mentioned gives a lot of advice but I think it relates to older models.

Good luck and Happy New Year.