Philips 32PW9788 will not power up from stand by

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ajhindson, Jan 13, 2005.

1. ajhindson

ajhindson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have just bought a Philips 32PW9788 and when you swith it to stand by from the remote, it will not switch back on from the remote. It has new batteries and the television is new also.

Is this a fault or should it be doing this?

The manual implies the standy by switch will switch the television back on.

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I'm not familiar with this model so can't be of much help, but, when the tv set is in standby - does it come out of standby when you press any one of the 'normal' tv channel select buttons ? if I think it probably should and if it doesn't then maybe there is more 'wrong' here than at first sight. I suggest you ring Philips' technical support line (available off the internet site ?) and see what they have to say. Sorry not to be more helpful. Regards, yt.

3. ajhindson

ajhindson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    None of the buttons power up the set, stand by, + P - or the numbered buttons. The blue light comes on as if it is going to switch on and then it goes back to the red stand by light.

4. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5