1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9618 "Option Numbers" required from Service Menu; SOS.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by WiCkEd SwInE, Aug 12, 2004.

1. WiCkEd SwInE

WiCkEd SwInE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having a problem with the sound on my Philips 32PW9618 for a while now and have been told that two of my "Service Option" numbers have changed from what is the norm.

The set has been to an engineer once already but the sound problem has re-surfaced.. and an engineer is promised out in the next week (after much complaining) to check the values. I would much rather do the comparision earlier as I have not been totally happy with the way the matter is being dealt with. It would help my cause if I could verify that the numbers have changed from the norm.. going by the information provided by the engineer over the phone.

Could someone that has access to a 32PW9618 set access the Service Menu and then pass on the service "Option codes" after first placing the graphic equalizer to PERSONAL (in the normal menu) and then placing all of the equalizer settings to the MIDDLE (default) position.

The Service Menu can be accessed by tapping in 062596 (without pause) and then hitting the i+ button. You then push *any* key to get into the service menu itself, and this will *not* be making any changes to your set. You can also get out of the service menu at any time by pressing the 'menu' button.

Operation Hours
    Hardware Info.
    Errors
    Defective Module
    Reset Error Buffer
    Alignements
    Dealer Options
    Service Options ... Chasis/Region ... Teletext ... Picture Tube ... Video Repro ... Source Selection ... Audio Repro ... Miscellaneous ... Opt No.

The Option Numbers will then be listed in the format of:

01234 56789 54321 00001
    01234 56789 54321 00001

.. thats basically all I'm after as some of the codes pertain to the setting of the sound setup.

Remember to place your graphic equalizer settings to the MIDDLE (default) position beforehand so that any values can be deemed to be defaults.

2. torkelom

torkelom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can check at work tomorrow what the normal values are...

3. WiCkEd SwInE

WiCkEd SwInE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ... much appreciated!

4. torkelom

torkelom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After resetting the tv to "factory defaults" (general settings menu), the codes are:

Group 1: 04187 41048 50000 00001
    Group 2: 04118 00001 00033 01542

5. WiCkEd SwInE

WiCkEd SwInE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, ... will check them out later!

Appreciated..