1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9618 A few questions

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Rytenuff, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Rytenuff

Rytenuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got the above named set. I am very happy with it but I can't find any reference to "Night Mode" and "Delta Volume" in the manual. What are these?
    One other thing, my DVD player which performed OK on my old Sony set is very low in volume, about half that of Sky,digibox and normal channels. (I am just using a scart lead with no audio leads.)

2. JSAGOO

JSAGOO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DELTA mode enhances the volume i don;t know how but the bass and rear sounds are louder

Night mode as I understand limits the rear speaker volume so you can watch movies late at night without distrubing the neighbours :thumbsup:

3. andrewm

andrewm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rytenuff
    Where did you purchase the 32PW9618 from, and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

4. JSAGOO

JSAGOO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Priced matched from http://digitaldirectuk.com (I had a look at there website they don't sell it any more :( )

This TV was selling at £714, £748 including delivery

Try ringin them

Purchased from AV Premier three weeks ago can't find there website they are based in Birmingham

However It is selling for £745 at Electrocentre
    http://www.digital-point.co.uk

:clap:

5. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How good is the sound on this model? Specifically, the width of the front soundstage... is it inferior because the speakers are mounted in the TV's body so they're not as far apart as if they were standalone speakers?

I was looking at buying a Philips 32" 3608, but AFAIK this is the same set, but with integrated DD. This idea appeals to me as it means the surround sound can be controlled by the TV remote, and it's more 'seamless' than a seperate system in everyday use? If I'm talking balls, plz someone LMK ;)

Also the wireless rear speakers seem like a good idea - do they still require mains power, or are they battery-powered?

Thanks in advance for any info! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
    J.B.

6. Rytenuff

Rytenuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

SoundandVisionOnline £749. Not listed any more. Still listing the 28" though.

7. Rytenuff

Rytenuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Johnny Chimpo

I am not an AV buff. I just wanted a set with a good picture and reasonable sound.
    I find the sound full and natural, the graphic EQ can give a very full bass (Music preset) No rattles from the set at a volume which is just short of deafening. Sound stage -I am not the one to ask (though that Delta volume setting seems to make it wider ) Wireless speakers- receiver plugs into the mains, the speakers plug into it. Good quality long leads. I don,t know how loud the rear speakers are meant to be but I don't find them very loud at all and not very full range sounding.(bass light) I have not tried another set of speakers with it as the speaker inputs on the receiver are mini mini stereo jacks approx 1/16th inch.

8. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Rytenuff! :thumbsup:

I took the plunge and bought one today from a local retailer for £950 :rolleyes:

.....but I bought it on my Barclaycard so I can pricematch it with PRC Direct who have it for sale at £739.96! :clap:

Haven't had a chance to fully set it up yet, but I've played a couple of minutes of the Return of the Jedi DVD on it and I have to say the picture quality is AMAZING! Hoping Sky Digital is at least half as good on this set...

Cheers,
    J.B.