1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9617 tube issues

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by wiggy, Nov 11, 2002.

1. wiggy

wiggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having followed the discussion threads on this forum since the set was first available I waited until last month before ordering and specifically asked the retailer to ensure that the set came with a Philips and not a Panasonic tube - which they did. When the set arrived it clearly had a Panasonic tube - dots at the side and clear tube curvature - the picture is generally good apart from a band on the rhs about 3" wide which makes black and white pictures appear slightly yellow - colour is fine. I asked the retailer to confirm that the tube was a Philips which having checked with Philips technical Europe - gave serial number of set -they did. I again expressed concern and asked them to get Philips to put this in writing. This elicited a different response from Philips - they now said some some had Philips and some Panasonic - again I asked the retailer to press for written confirmation - this was referred upwards within Philips who then said that no 32 PW9617 sets have ever had or will have the Philips tube.
    Before deciding what to do next I need to have any experience of other owners or intending owners.
    Many thanks for your help

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The person from Philips is absolutely spot on. I have a 32PW9617 (with a Panasonic tube) and I'm very happy.

If you aren't happy with the set you have, get it exchanged. Even with the Panasonic tube, if you get a good one, I'm sure you'll be very pleased.

If you are looking for a set with a Philips tube then go for the 9527, although this set has various problems that have been documented on these forums.

Good luck ;)

3. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    So is this TV a Philips Blackline-S or what ever you call it,or a Panasonic Quintrix or what ever you call it?

To me the major part of a TV is the Tube and would affect my buying decision greatly.

:confused:

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 32PW9617 has a Panasonic Quintrix F tube. To me, the tube is also an important part of the TV as wel. I had my doubts aboiut this tube before I bought the set, but after seeing how well it's driven by Philips' own electronics, I find the TV to be excellent.

5. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    POINT OF LAW

Statements of fact that encourage you to enter into a contract must be true. If they aren't ,you may have a claim against the seller for "misrepresentation" .

I.E if the seller said the TV didn't have a panny tube when infact it does and this fact alone was the main reason for going ahead with the purchase then you have a claim against the seller for "misrepresentation"