1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9617 - Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Red, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Red

Red

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Philips 32 PW 9617 about a month ago - and I think its great.

However, this weekend it started to play up. Firstly, it switched itself off, into Standby Mode, and then back on again a couple of time. When I switched if off and back on again from the main set, its seemed to have sorted itself out.

However, this morning I went to turn my television on (from standby) and it wouldn't turn on. Instead, the red standby light just started flashing.

I have got hold of my retailer and have asked for a replacement set. I just wondered whether anyone else had come across this problem.

Red

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    i had the same problem on my 32pw9576 i`m getting it replaced.the engineer said he had no idea as to what was causeing it to do this.

3. Red

Red

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. At least I know there is no point wasting my time with an engineer. Although, because I cannot return the TV to my retailer with its original packing, I have to arrange for it to be delivered myself. Annoying!

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    red, have you tried unplugging the TV from the mains and leaving it for an hour? You never know it may work ;)

5. Red

Red

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - its worth a shot, as long as it doesn't reoccur.