Philips 32PW9617 picture shift

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by sim, Jul 17, 2002.

1. sim

sim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my 9617 for a week now - great picture and sound.

Got round to connecting the DVD and video and setting up the sound preferences etc - and then something strange happened - when 'automatic' or 'super zoom' is selected for normal broadcast pic there was a black line about 15mm at the bottom of the screen.

Somehow the picture had shifted up by about 15mm. After looking through all the menus - selected the factory setting reset feature when the picture then went back dowm almost to the bottom - I now have a gap of about 5mm.

I am sure the gap wasnt there at first. Tried to replicate - no luck

Any ideas what did that ? or how I can get my 5mm back - be nice to shift the picture down a bit ??

2. Andy ARB

Andy ARB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Not sure if this will help or not but doesnt the manual say that on super zoom you can shift the picture up and down using the cursor (up and down arrows) to see subtitles etc.

Maybe its something to do with that.

3. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Andy you are spot on, I had the same problem with my 9607 as I use a multi remote control and had selected TV instead of Sky and moved the whole screen up by mistake!!!!

4. sim

sim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks folks

phew - I must have done that whilst setting the thing up or using one of the other remotes....