Philips 32PW9616

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by DavidT, Feb 7, 2002.

1. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
  2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm starting to wonder if it has any connection to the whining noises produced by some of their TV's lately. The noise my previous TV, the 32PW8707 produced seemed to come from components on the deflection yoke.

It does not seem credible that Philips would switch to a competitor's CRT in their most expensive TV's, suddenly prefering that over their own. Even if the Panasonic CRT's were better in every respect I do not think Philips would start using them voluntarily.

Quite naturally, they are carefully building their consumer and business marketing on the motto their CRT's are the best, so doing this does not help build either consumer or industry trust in Philips' own technology. This is underlined by the fact they have not informed anyone properly, even their own customer support, and that they are deliberately obscuring the CRT manufacturer in the 36" model.

The conspiracy theorist inside me says they are having production quality issues with their own CRT's and simply trying to hide it.

Another reason could be the annoucement by LG.Philips Display in September they will outsource production of electon guns to Punch International. This means relocating nearly 500 employees from the Central Gun Factory in Eindhoven, some of whom may end up finding employment with other companies. I would not be surprised if part of the workforce went on strike when the news were broke, but I have not found anything about it.