Philips 32PW9536

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by johnski, Feb 20, 2002.

1. johnski

johnski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got comments about above TV,seen one available at what i believe to be a good price.

TIA

johnski

2. monitor

monitor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i havr this tv and its cracking picture wise

it is the same guts as the 9616 with DD removed

what tv nad video have a review on it that is worth looking at , i bought mine in a package with a dvd player and vcr cost £1750

let me know how you get on

3. alexcsb

alexcsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I just have to mention that I have a Philips 32PW9536 TV. You're right, they have a cracking picture and sound reproduction and look like excellent pieces of equipment.

However........ Our TV is two years old and it's just been written of by our breakdown insurers as 'beyond economical repair' at a £600 cost. We paid £920 for it, and it's now worth nothing. I would goto www.forums.reviewer.co.uk to check out people opinions on Philips TV's. A lot of consumers are going to watchdog as Philips customer care is very poor as is the retailers who also sell them.

We bought this TV as it was top of the range (matchline) and felt it was a 'safe' purchase being a Philips. How wrong we were.

The problems we have encountered are the channels changing of their own accord, we lost sound on it and apparently according to the independent engineer the processor inside the tv had been arcing. He said that had we left this on standby overnight, it could have caused a house fire. Does this sound serious enough for you?

Don't get me wrong, we were very impressed with the incredible picture and sound quality, but due to the young age of the unit, we feel that for it to be written off after two years, we might as well have bought a non-descript cheap tv at £250 and it would probably have lasted longer.

Sorry to put you and others off, but their are much better products available on the market, and I feel dutybound to warn you to stay away from this TV.

Regards

Alex :mad: