1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9536-R .. Comments reqd

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Wookie_27, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Wookie_27

Wookie_27
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope somebody can help me out there.. I Have just purchased the above model TV.. yes i know the model is a couple of years old but I basically got it new for half price.

Anyway my question is has anyone had problems with this model or other Phillips sets? Basically I find the picture quality sometimes very grainy. Also with some fast action sequences both on DVD and TV you see a shimmer/ghost effect. I have tried all combinations of the settings but still sometimes see the problem. My old TV was a Pannasonic 28" 4:3 screen and I never saw issues like this on that... I almost think that the Panny has a better picture.

I was under the assumption that 100Hz screens were meant to improve picture quality. I have replaced the ariel leads and checked all the relevent settings.

Basically what are the optimum settings for this TV, so I can see if I still have the problem, and if so contact the dealer for possible repair.

2. DoogyDawg

DoogyDawg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi,
    this subject has been covered a great deal, see (pixel plus sticky)
    at the top of the tv menu,
    theres not a lot you can do about it, best thing is to see if you can get a refund or go down the road of tryng to get the latest fix for it which can be a real pain, the fix is listed on the last page of the sticky ( posted by me) I have had my tv fixed, but still want to get rid of it,