1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9528

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Ivo Simons, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    J
    Hi, I want to buy a Philips 32PW9528, but someone told me that Philips has a problem with his tubs.
    He repairs TV's and almost every Philips is damaged after 2 years.
    According to him, the tube is too powerfull for the processors inside.
    He also told me that Sanyo has better TV's.
    however, the pixel plus from Philips is this best quality at this moment
    what should I do.
    go for the Philips or a Sanyo?

Regards
    Ivo
    :rolleyes:

2. Browny

Browny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After having nothing but problems with my Phillips (9527) I was lucky that my retailer changed it for a Loewe Aventos.

To be honest it is a much better more natural picture then the Pixel + on the Phillips.

The Aventos is the same cost as the Phillips and as far as I can remember uses the same tube.

Hope this helps

3. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the Aventos does use the same tube as some Philips sets - eg the 9527.

However, the surrounding electorinics and build quality are much better - failures in Leowe sets seem to be almost unheard of!

If you are still tempted by a Philips, check that you're not given one with a cheap Panasonic tube (you can tell by the single phosphor dot halfway down each side of the screen.) These tubes are nowhere near as good as the Philips ones - yet Philips claim they are equivalent and use them almost interchangeably. I've seen a 9528 and a 9308 recently with panny tubes.

Someone suggested that Philips make more money selling their top quality tubes to the likes of Loewe than by putting them in their own sets..... It wouldn't surprise me either;)

4. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    If that's the case,there are a lot of Philips sets in for repair with hardly anyone watching them.

5. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where the hell is this set? Philips WEB site doesn't show it and my local Hughes stores system has in on but with a comment of "Product replaced" but with what??? The local Comet shop has one but that doesn't prove anything.

6. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Google shows up quite a few results.

7. NacNac

NacNac
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,
    how can we still put review on a product which is so old in the TV business...
    Well, why not :)
    I have purchased the TV in January 2004 in Germany. After 4 moves, I am now in the UK with that same TV. I have never had any technical issues whatsoever.
    I believe the picture still look as good as what it was 12 years ago. At that time LCD and plasma screens were available but not as widely (There were still a lot more CRT TV than thin screens) but everywhere it was said that life expectation was about 5y. I opted for the Philips. (It was also cheaper than plasma and LCD while still cost me some money at that time. It was about 2000€ in shops but managed to get it for 1350€ online (It was also the time were online shops were a lot cheaper than conventional shops).
    I would have loved to keep that TV until it dies but it is now becoming difficult to connect it to cameras, laptops, and in a way with all the blu ray (I only have DVD player at the moment. I know I am like an old man), high definition videos and photos taken from smartphone (I do have one :) ) It was a bit of a waste to then look at them on that TV.
    I therefore decided to replace it.
    I stress the point that it is only because of the big technology gap and in no way because the quality failed me. It never did, not even the remote control.

I chose a Samsung 48JU7000. I doubt this will last me as long....
    rendez vous in 10 years :)

Thanks Philips for this great product.