1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9528 or Loewe Vitros 6381ZW?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by GUSi, Oct 22, 2003.

1. GUSi

GUSi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I'm going to purchase a new TV 16:9 32'', and I'm looking for the best image quality with a maximum of 2.400 Euros.
    Sony's seems to loose a lot of convergence and the image looks quite artificial, and the Panny's seems too much blurry, so now I'm thinking about Philips or Loewe

The Philips 32PW9528 looks superb, but I haven't seen a complete demo. The Loewe looks also quite good (although when I saw them there was a problem in the shop with the signal, and it looked quite grainy), and the 2 sintonizers for PiP looks fantastic.

I've read good and bad things about Phillips' PixelPlus and NaturalMotion, and I don't know if this new model solves them. Also I can't confirm if the tube is a Philips or a Panny. I can find the Philips for 1.800 Euros

The Loewe 6381 costs 2.400 Euros, and comes with a free Loewe TV 21'', which is a plus. Also the Loewe Aconda 9281ZW costs the same, and the characteristics of the two looks identical, also with a 21'' free.

I don't know which to choose... I'm going to use it with a Pioneer DVD-444 (RGB), cable TV, VHS video, and PC video conection (S-video).

Any help will be welcome!!!

Thanks in advance

2. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd personally avoid Philips p+ sets with Panasonc tubes as the quality (despite the enhancements of pixel+) has got to be inferior to that of a Loewe set with a Philips Cybertube.

The Panasonc pd30 (32" or 36") has a new hi-definition Panasonic tube which rivals the Philips for dot-pitch and internal flatness. Naturalness of colour rendition is maybe still not so good as a Philips tube though, and QC is a definite issue.

In case you missed it (;)), I have replaced my broken Philips (32pw9527) with a 36PD30. Unfortunately (apparently like many PD30s), it suffers from colour purity and "dirty mark" problems so I'm currently awaiting a replacement. If it were fault free though I think I'd be pretty happy with it, so a PD30 may be worth a look for you.

3. GUSi

GUSi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all thanks for your reply!
    I've read that the new Philips 32pw9528 comes with the Philips Cybertube, not the Panny, but as usual it's difficult to confirm. Also, from an subjetive point of view, I like the IQ of this set, but I haven't tried all the options of P+, Natural motion and Movie + (this last mode seems to solve the "halo" problem of P+, so I suppose this model comes with the new generation... maybe the 1.5 version)
    By the way... exactly what means "halo"? Maybe it's like a soft shadow around edges when objects are moving?

Also, reading about Loewe's, I though that Vitros 6381 and Aconda 9281 were the same model with different chasis, but I've read than the Vitros uses Philips Cybertube, and the Aconda uses Toshiba!
    These two comes with digital options like DMI and DMM... Are these compared to P+ and Movie+? It's possible to disconnect them like the Philips? Or maybe to adjust the strenght? I'm hearing the quality of Loewe is superb, maybe superior to Philips'... and also the life expectancy is also higher... but I can't confirm this because all Loewes I have seen suffered from bad signal... I'm going to try to watch a Vitros with a DVD RGB attached.

So I don't know what to choose... I'll give another round thru the shops and try to play with the remote to adjust the options and try to conclude which is the best.

I'll try to take a look to the PD30, I hadn't seen yet. Sony's and Panasonics were discarted from first... but maybe panny has made a good product this time.

Thanks again for your help, and sorry for my english!!!!
    Any other feedback will be wellcome!