1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9527 Tilt Adjust

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pstables, Jan 5, 2004.

1. pstables

pstables
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, in the January sales I picked up a Philips 32PW9527 ex display for £480 (I've had one before (which cost me £1000) so knew what to expext with Pixel Plus, etc).

Very happy with the set but the only niggle is the right hand side of the picture is sloping downward.

There is a tilt control in the setup menu but it doesn't make any difference at all.

In the service menu there doesn't seem to be any way of adtusting the image tilt either (although there is an option to turn the tilt adjust on or off - tried both).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Paul

2. pstables

pstables
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone - there must be some Philips Pixel Plus owners out there who could try the tilt adjustment for me and let me know what happens.

Cheers
    Paul

3. Gonkenobi

Gonkenobi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,

I own a P+ 36PW9527, and I think I have the same problem with the right side of the picture bending downwards. From what I've read it has to do with the tube (Panasonic by the way).

You are right, there is nothing in the service menu to adjust horizontal linearity. I tried with the tilt configuration in the setup and reduced but not eliminated the problem. Try reducing the brightness and contrast levels, it will help a bit.

Regards
    Gonzalo

4. secondmouse

secondmouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for highlighting this. I was thinking of buying a £899.99 32PW9528 model from Comets but now I'll take a much closer look if it uses the same tube as PW9527. Sorry doesn't help you guys much!

5. pstables

pstables
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My original 32PW9527 did not have the same sloping problem, in fact I never noticed any geometry problems.
    It was unfortunate that it went to be fixed, they damaged the cabinet, went back to be fixed again, repairer went into receivership (Endeva), never got parts from Philips, didn't get TV back, got refund (the short version).

Apart from that saga I was very happy with the picture of my original TV.