Philips 32pw9527/Sony Dav Question

B

bruno_scalera

I'm thinking of buying the philips pw9527 as i love the picture quality and, when sony have sorted out the subtitle bug on the new dav-s550, i will be getting that.

My question is, will i be able to connect the dav-s550 to the above tv via s-video? This DAV as with sony's older davs has no scart, but s-video out. If the answer is yes then are the connections hidden away at the back of the TV out of sight?

OR will i have to connect via the poorer quality composite connection?

Can some kind soul help me out, these connection types are confusing me!

Regards

Bruno

EXT4 is S-Video (recessed entry at side of TV) but not so prominent as to irritate... take a look in the shops to be sure ;)

yeah, plug it in. and use a bit of tape to hold the cable against the side of the case - you wont see it from most angles

dean

thank you both for that. Will have a look where i can find it in a shop display, as it's difficult to find on display at the moment.

I will probably buy it from comet online.

There are quite a few 9617s and 9607s on display which are identical to the 9527 apart from sound (and in some cases size).. so you could have a look at one of those. :)

Most TV's will accept an S-Video signal into a Scart socket (that is not RGB), this may be worth checking I have Sony DAVS550 with JVC TV with a S-Video to Scart cable plugged into Scart 3.

rct, in what way is the case size sometimes different on the 9527 when compared to the 9617s and 9607s?

I just meant that the 9607 is only 36" and the 9617 and 9527 (in the UK at least) come in 32" and 28"... the cases are identical.

Originally posted by bruno_scalera
I'm thinking of buying the philips pw9527 as i love the picture quality and, when sony have sorted out the subtitle bug on the new dav-s550, i will be getting that.

What subtitle problem are you talking about?

you could always plug the s-video lead into one of the rear scarts using a S-video to scart convertor

Really could do with help on this subject too.

I've just ordered a philips 9527 and i own a sony DAV800.This too has s-video.i have also just ordered a s-video-scart cable,hoping to use with my new tv.

I know the 9527 has 3 scart sockets,2 being RGB,would the other take the s-video cable?Or will i have to get a s-video-s-video lead and plug it into the side of the tv?

Grateful for any help/advice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom