Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips 32PW9509

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by DavidS, Jan 16, 2005.

1. DavidS

DavidS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help - I have just bought a Philips 32PW9509 based on all of the rave reviews.
    I am very disappointed by the picture quality especially when there is movement on the screen e.g. football which appears to be blurred and jerky.Images from DVD seem much better but those from my VCR are dreadful
    The manual is less than helpful and I am hoping that this is just an issue of setting it up properly.
    Can anyone help?

2. eric2

eric2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the 28" version and find the digital scan a lot better for the football

3. minatek

minatek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there .. When I bought my 9509 I was also dissapointed with the picture on both sky and DVD.. however I found that but customising the colour brightness,contrast and turning all the features like DNR,dynamic contrast and active control all OFF the picture is great .. dvd is way better than anything else as pictures from sky are never going to be perfect.
    I found was altering settings on this tv for good few weeks before I was happy. There is however a white vertical stripe down the centre of the screen which I can't shift . I'm currently looking at other posts in this forum for help on that one..better scart cables also help the picture quality