1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9509

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by john2303, Jul 7, 2004.

1. john2303

john2303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have just received my new set yesterday and my 1st impressions are very good - I have looked through the previous threads and I have taken note of the picture settings that various people have posted. What are the best sound settings on this TV?

Thanks in advance for all help

John

2. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi john2303,

I'm clad you like the 9509. Give it a bit more time and it will settle down as well and appear to get better. As for the sound, I'm still trying to find the best settings for this but to be honest I don't think much of the sound from this TV. I've heard a lot better (32PW9528).

By the way, have you noticed any of the faults that were mentioned in the other post you started? You will also need to check that you have 2 working RGB scarts. You may find Ext3 has problems as two of us have had the 9509 with problems on Ext3. Just look for a totaly blue picture on Ext3 when set to RBG.

Bazza

Just received a letter from Barclaycard confirming there price match so saved £177 on the Comet price :D

3. martin999

martin999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: I have had my 32PW9509 for 3 weeks now, and yes, i think it does get better after a couple of weeks, but thought it was fine before. Such a crisp clear picture, I use the Movie Plus mode, found this best.
    Can recomend this TV 9.5 / 10

Martin999