1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9509 Setup

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jonathan2708, Jan 17, 2005.

1. jonathan2708

jonathan2708

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

After being very pleased with my last TV - a Philips 50hz 28" widescreen, and seeing the reviews of the 9509 and liking the look in store, I had no hestiation in ordering a 32PW9509.

My first impressions though are not too great. The sound seems a bit muffled and the picture a bit pixely and sometimes blurry. Now I admit to being a total novice when it comes to AV equipment so I am hoping my concerns can be addressed by tinkering with the settings. Can anybody suggest the best picture and sound settings. I'm confident I've connected the scarts correctly to the Sky box and DVDR. When the picture is still it is perfect.

Any help appreciated.

Jonathan

2. Girthvader

Girthvader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a Phillips 32" tv and the sound on it is the same,always sounds muffled and slightly distorted.The various settings make no difference,theatre is the worst?Rather than getting it fixed I went out and bought a home cinema kit(JVC THA75R,only £250.00) and NEVER use the tvs volume anymore.
    Hope this helps mate.

3. rocco

rocco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Jonathan,

We've had the 9509 for just over a week now. As 'vader does, we also have a seperate surround amp and speakers take care of all the sounds. I think i read a post on here somewhere about a guy who seemed to get good results by tweaking the sound settings - i think there's an eq so you could try just turning up the high frequencies?

As for picture quality i am pleased with the picture. Movie mode is supposed to be better for faster moving pictures.. thats what i use for watching football.

Ours is also plugged into sky using an rgb scart cable and modern programs on sky are perfect quality.