1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9509 Problems

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Wackojacko32, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I purchased one of these from www.discountaudiovisual.com in December and have been having the all too familiar problems namely

- white bar down centre of screen
    - black banding when panning
    - 'dirty' window syndrome
    - ghost effects even on 100hz digital scan

It is some consolation, but not much, that these do not seem to be isolated problems from the number of posts I have read over the past couple of days.

I do however seem to have a problem which has not been mentioned, as far as I can tell. When displaying large blocks of a single colour, particularly yellow, the result is a vertical stripe effect. It is not limited to any one source e.g. analougue, Cable and DVD's all show the same problem. It is worse on animated features, I suppose this is because of the uniformity of colours used, but have noticed it elsewhere also.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wackojacko32

2. warcow

warcow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed "ghosting" on my pw328719 until I turned off Dynamic (or digital can´t remember) noise reduction. Worth a shot!

(I also turned off sharpness)

/Stefan

3. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply Stefan. Didn't seem to make any difference tho.