1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9509 owners!!! need your input please...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by WYSIWYG-UK, Jan 17, 2005.

1. WYSIWYG-UK

WYSIWYG-UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1st- HELLO

I purchased the TV about 2 weeks ago from TV & Video direct in bolton.

but recently i have noticed a flicker in the top left hand corner of the screen when Movie mode or Pixel Plus 2 is enabled, it is fine on other modes. i have tried other settings including factory defult and get the same problem. I get this on RGB external sources too. its a slight flicker but destracting all the same. Please can you have a close look at yours and let me know if you notice it.

a few other things.

The front casing has a slight lip/overhang on the main casing as it curves at the side and top and bottom and the strip that runs along next to the power button has a slight gap at the end on the right hand side. hope u get the area i mean. is this normal??? and if you have pics it would be great to see.

please get back asap.

much appreciated

:confused:

2. DavidS

DavidS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't noticed the flicker that you mention and the comments that you made on the casing seem to be the same on mine.
    What do you think of the picture quality?
    There is a particular problem playing the VCR even with good quality tapes that were fine in the past.

DavidS

3. WYSIWYG-UK

WYSIWYG-UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think the picture was a lot better than many 100hz i looked at especially samsungs crappy new tv which i bought from currys and successfully changed.

the pixellation and smudginess on the samsung was 99% worse.

the philips i find isnt perfect like the reviews make out but better than most. i wish philips would blend the casing better too tho for the money.

great tv and looks the business i just hope the shop lets me exshange it for another 9509 which im happy with apart from a few niggles and reccomend to anyone looking for a 100z tv

4. WYSIWYG-UK

WYSIWYG-UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Ex3Para

Ex3Para
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My case looks the same, but I certainly dont have a flicker! My picture is awesome. Best set in the universe. :thumbsup:

6. WYSIWYG-UK

WYSIWYG-UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm the flicker seems to have dissapeared a bit. need to do more tests with DVD.

NTL is damn blocky tho and thats using RGB :S

7. Ex3Para

Ex3Para
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Make sure you tell the set (via the menu) what is feeding each scart socket, DVD, Sat, VCR etc. Ensure all digital processes are set to minimum as well to reduce visual noise being mistaken for data. :smashin:

8. WYSIWYG-UK

WYSIWYG-UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did that. made the pic look more grainy.

dunno why but the pic on NTL or DVD looks pretty blocky/grainy on any of the settings

9. penna

penna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I was just doing a search for "corner flicker" and found this post. My new 28pw9309 has exhibited a bit of a flicker over the last few days, especially in the bottom-right corner.

I just, through a process of elimination, discovered that the cause was interference from my Yamaha AV amp which is sitting on the shelf on the tv stand! When this is switched off then the flicker goes away :)